Are you planning to set up an eCommerce store? There are several options in eCommerce platforms and you got to choose the best one. When starting an online store, you may not have an idea about the eCommerce platform which will give the best value. Magento is an amazing eCommerce development platform which helps in creating highly-interactive and beautiful online stores. The easiest of all eCommerce platforms, Magento, allows a store owner to improve and modify the code, make database query as efficient as possible and also allows him to add potential features with respect to the changing needs. There are various reasons for choosing a Magento development company above others. It evolves constantly to suit the needs of the store owners.
Here are the reasons why you should choose the Magento eCommerce platform rather than OpenCart, Shopify and WordPress:
- Magento is an open source platform: As Magento is an open source platform, it is easy for the site owner to modify content marketing system. If there is any feature or functionality that the default Magento lacks, the user can suggest that functionality. Magento community is dynamic and ever growing. The store owner can get to know about the various functionalities through the Magento community which actually adds several functionalities by default. Much unlike Shopify and WordPress, Magento allows you to control the way you deliver customer experience. Find the best Magento development company to build your website.
- Magento Extension Marketplace is another perk: You may not be aware that Magento has Magento Connect as its extension marketplace. On Magento Connect, one can download fresh extensions and add that to the Magento Connect Manager. So, the user can easily install extensions whereas there is no need to extract, download or upload the files through FTP. There are some extensions for free while others are paid ones. This is the sort of flexibility you don’t enjoy with other eCommerce platforms. Magento, unlike Shopify, evolves and changes as the business grows and develops. Since Magento supports expansion, you may manage several stores and also transact in several countries. Magento Extension Marketplace helps to leverage on the rich features and capabilities, allows integrations with many other tools like CRM and ERP.
- SEO Friendly: Magento is more SEO friendly than other eCommerce platforms like Shopify and OpenCart. Unlike Shopify, the store owner can sell digital goods and customized products online with Magento. When you run an online store, it is important to get love from the search engines. Google indexes the pages quite correctly, employs Rich Snippets, Meta Titles and rich descriptions. Besides, the community edition is quite responsive. So, the website adjusts to the screen size of the device.
- Magento ensures security: Every store owner wants to make his eCommerce platform as secure as possible. Magento makes it easy. There are scores of source codes you can use to spot vulnerabilities and bugs. Once the bugs are found, they can be fixed in the coming update by the community. Unlike Shopify, Magento ensures complete safety, security, and privacy.
- Magento offers pricing flexibility: When you talk about the pricing plans and hosting options, Magento needs more investment but the hosting plan will be of the highest grade. The web hosting package on which you spend money will make a huge difference to the store performance. If you have to migrate the shopping cart later on, then Magento offers more flexibility than OpenCart. You may try out a one-month trial pack to know about the package features and the pricing options. Besides, OpenCart offers you limited community support.
When compared to WordPress, Shopify, and OpenCart, Magento has established itself as a global eCommerce platform. There are innumerable design choices, powerful SEO tools and customized shopping experiences available with Magento.
Sagar More – The author is an expert in web development and has experience of more than a decade in Magento development and eCommerce services. An avid reader and a passionate writer, he has written technical blogs on topics ranging from website development to cloud computing. His blogs have helped the readers to enrich their technical knowledge and aptitude for IT services.
Why Magento is Better Than Other eCommerce Platforms