Most businesses find that having a website has helped increase their market share and improve their businesses. However, with several brands available to the average consumer online, one thing that every business owner must consider is how to present and distinguish his or her business from all the other competitors all over the world. Investing in a great web design that can showcase your unique ecommerce business can surely increase the traffic on your website and enlarge your potential market. Read further to learn more about web design strategies for your eCommerce business.
- Organization, layout, and easy navigation – Before jumping into any web design, creating an organizational map or layout of your content and how you want them to be presented – it is imperative in creating an effective and structured web design. Consumers are more likely to appreciate websites with organized content and information.
- Start grouping your content. Having a variety of content on your website is good, but no reader will appreciate your content if they are scattered all over several headings. Make sure to categorize your content properly. Separate the articles containing information about your company, and separate those which speak about your products. Group similar topics together and separate distinct ones.
- Map out your Menu. Every website contains its own menu or navigation bar. A menu or navigation bar should be located in the header or top of your website for easy navigation. It is important that you structure your menu properly and organize the content in each heading accordingly. From the contents that you have grouped, create a heading to insert in your menu or navigation bar. Avoid having too many headings in your menu bar for this might cause your readers to be overwhelmed by the options provided to them. Keep your headings minimal and your content in each heading plenty.
A footer is a banner contained in the bottom part of your website. This is the last thing that your viewers will see after reading your content or scrolling through your page. A great way to customize your website is to include a brief menu including items or links to:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Contact Information
- Other social media pages
Logos are not only used to create a lasting image on your consumer’s mind, but they are also navigational tools that are usually clicked by viewers to go back to the homepage of your website. Make sure that your website’s logo is a link back to your homepage.
- Aesthetic design
After you have mapped out the general framework of your website in order to provide easy navigation for your viewers, you must also consider in adopting an aesthetic design that will not only harmonize with your eCommerce business but will also provide a lasting impact to your viewers.
- Fonts The use of fonts can be simple yet crucial in every web design. Good fonts encourage viewers to read your content. In creating graphics or logos you can be more creative in choosing your fonts. However, in applying fonts for content, make sure to choose only fonts that are professional, respectable, and easy to read. Moreover, choose the right font size for your website. Avoid using too small or too large fonts, make sure that your text is readable to any user.
- Color scheme. Creating and choosing a color scheme is as important as creating a brand. Choose a color scheme that you feel will best represent your website. Start by choosing colors based on the emotions linked to your business. Studies have shown that certain colors evoke a certain type of emotion. For example, most businesses selling natural products choose to apply green in their color scheme to promote nature and relaxation, other businesses that sell expensive beauty products choose purple to evoke the sense of royalty or luxury. However, with the infinite possible color combinations to choose from you might find it difficult to find the right colors for your eCommerce business. However, there are several websites online that provide free ready-made color schemes to choose. One of these websites is Coolors.co. This website provides any user an online tool to help them generate their own color schemes. If you’re too scared of creating your own, this website provides several pre-made color schemes to choose from.
- Work on your homepage. Your homepage is usually the first impression that your website provides to your viewers, hence it is important to exert more effort in creating an aesthetic homepage. Avoid putting too much content and graphics on your homepage for this might overwhelm your visitors. Include a brief summary of your eCommerce business as well as a short message to your viewers and transfer any other information that can be categorized inside a heading in your menu.
- Mobile friendly
The world has evolved into a mobile society where most people access the internet through the use of their mobile phones. Hence, a great tip to encourage more viewers is to adopt a mobile-friendly website. This way, users can easily access your website on the go and easily navigate through your content in their mobile phones.
In order to make your website mobile friendly, put yourself in the shoes of your consumer. Access your website through your phone and check your website’s menus and layout, test out every page of your website and make sure that it is can be easily accessed and navigated through the use of a mobile phone.
Investing in a great web design starts by planning and organizing your website. Organize your content and lay them out for easy navigation. Choose aesthetic designs that can attract and leave an impact on your consumers. Finally, maintain a mobile-friendly website for easy access. Web design is crucial in maintaining an effective website and the tips enumerated above can surely improve your eCommerce business. If you’re in need of a web design service provider for your eCommerce business, don’t hesitate to click here to gather information.
Melissa Turner is an aspiring web designer who has been working hard on developing her skills. She enjoys creating websites and in her spare time, she loves to walk along the beach with her dog. She’s currently working on her next big piece.