In Today’s world, marketing is generally not a very big issue especially with a number of hi-profile platforms accessible for everyone to showcase their products and spread brand awareness. But, if you are a small or mid-sized business firm with a limited resources or restrained budget then deciding on your marketing method can be time-consuming. With the availability of Digital marketing platform, the marketing business has soared at an all-time high. Now, it is much easier to reach billions of people throughout the world. The Internet has provided us an access to the audience at a global stage. This has only been possible due to the power of social media platforms.
Regardless of the benefits of social media platform, it is certainly a time-consuming process and so is the blogging. Still, these platforms are highly preferred because they are free unlike traditional as well as digital advertising platforms that can be quite expensive.
A plethora of small business owners follow a number of marketing strategies for a smooth and effective growth of their business. Listed below are some of the expert online marketing tips and tricks for small business owners that may come in handy:
Blogging is certainly one of the best marketing strategies. Prospective clients and viewers understand the importance of a highly diversified and informative content. With the help of a non-commercial content, one can quickly promote their product or brand name socially and also establish themselves as the experts in the desired field. According to the recent market study, blogging for at least twice a week significantly improves your website’s ability to be found on search engines. The more you write or blog, the more the traffic is generated towards your website. Moreover, there is an added option of generating leads from your blog.
In addition to this, Guest Blogging in recent time is one of the best marketing tools. Here, apart from providing an in-depth informative blog, the author-bio section at the end of each guest blog will help the viewers easily find your website. Thus, apart from showing your knowledge, you are able to market your website as well. A multi-useful tool isn’t it.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social media platform is one of the biggest markets the world has ever seen. With billions of people having access to the internet, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest witness global audiences being active on a daily basis. This means that the scope of marketing and expanding your business is enormous. Recent studies confirm that the social media platform generates almost twice the number of marketing leads for trade shows, telemarketing or direct mail.
As the social media is quite big and utilizing each and every platform may not be the ideal solution for your firm. Hence, focus on using a specific social media platform be it Facebook, Google+ or any other and then take it from there. Create an account, share your original content and start having engaging conversations with the community. Moreover, keep your social efforts frequent, relevant and helpful to the audience. This helps to build a constructive brand image.
- Using Facebook advertising – Facebook is essentially one of the most important marketing tools for any business to use, especially a small business. With a user base exceeding billions of people, Facebook provides these small business firms a fair chance to get recognized by the global audience. On Facebook, the more a user interacts with the Facebook page, the more likely their friends are to see it. This is a highly effective method and you can even target a specific audience. Moreover, the best part about Facebook advertising is that if your campaign is not producing the desired results, then canceling the promotion is quick and easy because there is no long-term commitment.
- Using Pinterest and Instagram – For a firm that is oriented towards bridal or food business process, Pinterest and Instagram may be the ideal social media platform for them. Here, Posting is free as always and moreover, the number of women followers or female user base is quite big. Hence, these platforms are the best marketing tool for promoting or selling a highly visual product or service. Pinterest can help you drive huge traffic to the website and Instagram uses hashtags to build an audience. Women are inherently more visual oriented. This means that for online shopping websites, these platforms are the perfect foil for creating brand awareness and selling their products to the audience within a short span of time.
Emails are one of the traditional marketing tools whose utilization has been somewhat overshadowed with the emergence of social media platforms. An email marketing platform offers a greater marketing scope as the recent studies claim. Suppose, if you are running a Facebook contest then increase the number of people participating by notifying your subscribers with the help of email notifications. Integrating your email marketing platform, with other social media campaigns provides maximum impact. Moreover, with the emergence of latest technologies and other innovative platforms, the importance of traditional digital marketing platforms such as email cannot be understated. The impact of reminder emails is largely undeniable.
PPC Advertising and Google Adwords
Small and mid-sized business firms need to be as targeted with their marketing efforts as possible. This is one specific method to reach a specific audience especially if they are location specific and PPC is the only possible method to promote their business campaign. PPC or Pay-Per-Click is one of the cost-efficient methods of targeting a specific region or area. Moreover, some of the marketing firms offer pocket-friendly marketing solutions to provide novice PPC personnel the chance to gain the same level of targeting and exposure as the PPC experts.
In addition to this, the Google Adwords campaign is definitely a humongous marketing platform. With an efficient use of Google Adwords, a small or mid-sized business firm can generate a truckload of business leads for expanding their business. Here, with the use of right keywords and search queries one can easily eliminate irrelevant visitors. Apart from this, one must enable a sort of tracking mechanism to track their conversions in order to understand that their precious money is not getting wasted on irrelevant clicks.
Conducting webinars is a useful method to build the list of potential and prospective clients and generate leads. The recent studies have claimed that webinars produce a 70% rebound effect that includes those who viewed the live broadcast as well as the new individuals. These webinars serve as an ideal foil for prospective leads to remain connected and keep their attention. The only thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the webinars must always be well organized, with relevant content and be conducted by someone who is an expert in running a webinar. Thus, it is a perfect marketing tool for small as well as mid-sized business firms to enhance their repertoire among the targeted audience and make an impact as suggested below:
- Webinars are quite convenient because they allow you to connect with people around the world with the use of the internet.
- Webinar presentations can increase the exposure of your business or company and prove quite helpful in your website promotion.
- Webinars are highly effective in establishing your credibility and helping people widen their viewpoints.
- With the help of webinar live stream and webcast, one can showcase their training in various fields of study and get an immediate feedback from their online viewers.
- Webinars create a visual image of your brand which results in a bigger consumer base if everything goes well.
- Webinars are the cost-effective marketing tools that are friendly to your pockets.
The press release provides small and mid-sized business firms a chance to gain the same level of exposure and reach as the bigger corporate giants or brands. It helps these firms amplify their content across a number of local or global audiences. Press Release is an important marketing tool that creates an effective marketing strategy where a business firm can highlight their content directly to the consumers and get connected with both journalists as well as bloggers. These interactions have been proven to leave a lasting impression on people’s mind. In addition to this, the cost of posting a press release is relatively inexpensive as compared to the benefits that come flooding with it.
Moreover, these press releases get picked up by the major search engines as well as thousands of websites. There are a number of benefits of press releases that are constantly witnessed by the clients as shown below:
- Instant exposure to small business firms
- Increase in the sales potential
- Boost up the chances for an effective marketing strategy
- Get more visitors on a daily basis
- Get recognized as an industry expert
- An opportunity to reach the targeted audience
- Helpful in gaining attention of rich investors
- Builds a good and solid relationship with journalists.
AUTHOR-BIO: With a core team of SEO experts and web development specialists, we, at MY IT GUY, specialize in providing a reliable and affordable SEO service to help your firm improve its Search engine rankings and increase the traffic to your website.