- This event has passed.
Full Stack Fest Sitges
September 4 - September 6€645
Full Stack Fest – A 3-day, single-track conference with a workshops day about topics ranging from GraphQL, WebAssembly, the JAMStack & Progressive User Interfaces to HTTP/3, Automation Testing, Serverless, and the P2P web. No matter if you consider yourself a backend, frontend developer, or anywhere in-between, Full Stack Fest is for you.
Keeping up with rapid developments in technology, build tools, infrastructure, artificial intelligence and software ethics is a full-time job. And let’s be real —it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and lost among the novelty and changing trends.
We take it upon ourselves to research what is to come and find inspiring new perspectives to make you a better developer. And we want to bring those home through the most inspiring voices: those of leading technologists from industry and academia alike.
But there is more to it than the talks. When you bring hundreds of developers from all over the world together, magic happens —we’ve seen it first-hand. It happens through this shared experience, in an inspiring environment where people can relax, teach and learn, discuss and experiment.
Why you should come
When you come to Full Stack Fest, you leave with renewed inspiration, new friends, mentors and mentees, and a notebook full of notes to explore back home. And more often than not, you leave with that same feeling you had when you ran your first Hello World.
We put special care in the environment, to make the experience even more enjoyable —whether you come with your team or on your own, you’ll mingle with fellow technologists in the hallway track or at the parties, and maybe you ‘ll even meet your favorite library author over lunch!
Below you can read more about our particular way to organize Full Stack Fest, and that we hope more conferences will take inspiration from.
- Single track – A truly curated experience requires a single track with carefully chosen talks. We want our attendees to free themselves of the paradox of choice that multi-track events impose —being part of a singular shared experience sparks valuable common discussions in our halls, lunches, Hotel Melià Hotel Melià and parties.
- No commercial or sponsored talks – Our speakers are researched & selected based on what they have to offer and their contributions. While sponsors play an enormous part in making a successful event, we keep our speaker selection process completely separate from the sponsoring deal.
- Outstanding environment – Attending a conference is all about getting inspired —and that’s not easy sitting all day in a cheap plastic chair. That’s why Full Stack Fest takes place in a comfortable cinema-grade auditorium. To let the experience sink in, just step outside and relax while breathing Mediterranean fresh air.
- Live captioning – All our talks are live captioned, so people with hearing disabilities or that might have difficulties understanding the English language can follow the talks.
- A curated list of speakers – We spend a lot of time choosing not only the best speakers but also the best balance between topics, so the conference becomes an end-to-end experience.
- A diverse lineup – We know diversity in the tech community is an issue. This is why we work hard to end up with a diverse speaker selection that helps misrepresented minorities gain recognition & visibility.
- We welcome new speakers – Getting new people on the stage is paramount to keep the conference ecosystem in shape. We have a reserved slot where anyone can jump in and speak their mind. Over the years, we’ve seen these kinds of lightning talks are some of the most surprising ones.
- Speakers get paid – Not only we cover our speaker’s travel & accommodation, but we compensate them with a speaking fee to thank them for the time invested in us.
- We bring back to the community – We record all talks and publish them for free, so our attendees can revisit them when they’re back at their jobs, and for the rest of the world to see. It’s the least we can do!
- Approachable prices – Access to high-quality, top-notch talks shouldn’t be just for big corporations; we don’t want money to be the reason not to attend. We provide discounts for students and people with special situations that make it hard for them to attend.
- Code of conduct – We ensure everyone gets treated with respect, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.