As the name suggests, E-mail marketing is a practice of sending e-mails to a group of people for generating engagement and promoting a business. It aims to improve the overall sales of the business and publicize your work. Yes, people’s preferences have shifted from e-mails to other social media platforms but this never defies the fact that e-mails are a great way of communication. You must be wondering why use e-mails when the whole world is spending most of their time on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
According to various reports and researches,
e-mails have 6 times more click rates than Twitter. In addition to this, there is are 3 times the number of e-mail accounts than Facebook and Twitter combined. Isn’t that unbelievable?
The number of people using e-mails has increased exponentially over the past few years. Recall when you are asked to sign in on an app and you have to enter your e-mail address to proceed. Basically, almost every user of the Internet owns an e-mail address. This is the reason why e-mail marketing is a strong tool for promoting a business. E-mail marketing is a great strategy for any business to connect with leads and to eventually convert potential buyers to regular customers by personalizing relevant e-mails. This process involves developing a mailing list which is basically a list of the target audience of the business. This list is prepared by identifying the potential buyers’ online activities like buying habits, surfing rates, their interests, etc. An entrepreneur must know how to effectively use this strategy to grow his business over time. Below are a few points explaining why it is important to practice e-mail marketing in a business:
- Better Reach: E-mails have relatively better reach than social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. The tremendous open rates of e-mails make it an effective channel of promoting and marketing your products & utilities. Facebook shows your content to only 2% of your followers unless it’s a paid promotion while e-mails have 98% open rates which manifests the use of e-mails for marketing & publicity of your business as the ROI (Return on Investment) is much more as compared to other social media channels.
- More Conversions: An entrepreneur can skyrocket his sales if he aims at making new customers through e-mails. This process involves identifying your target audience, making mailing lists and then binge sending promotional emails to the potential buyers to offer them exciting services which might convert them to paying customers. This in no way means that the entrepreneur should spam e-mail boxes of customers as nobody likes to get messages which they are not interested in.
- Inexpensive: E-mails ensure great economy to the business. Unlike Facebook & Twitter, e-mails do not carry any promotional costs and have a reach to a relatively much larger audience at zero cost serving with the optimum results.
- Better Relationships: E-mails provide a phenomenal opportunity for a business to develop better relationships with their customers. It is obviously not possible for an entrepreneur to connect with every customer in person but e-mails make sure that he remains in touch with his customers on a regular basis. Occasional e-mails on festivals, birthdays and anniversaries by the entrepreneur could become great gestures of regard which ultimately fosters the relationship between both the parties.
- Website Traffic: Website traffic refers to the count of the number of people who visited your website, how long did they stay on the website and whether they made a purchase from your website or not. Basically, it refers to the interaction of the users with your website. The reach that the e-mails offer, generates high open rates which increase website traffic. It also reflects the visibility and popularity of the website which is very important to the businessman.
- Personalized E-mails: Through e-mail marketing, businesses can send personalized messages to their customers focusing on their personal needs and interests. Content that offers value to the buyer is more engaging and also might interest the customer into buying the products or services offered. The entrepreneur can promote his services which match the requirements of the customer to maximize sales.
- Eternal Nature of E-mails: No matter what, the use of e-mails can never come to an end. One has to create an e-mail address to sign up for various social media domains. This gives e-mails an edge over platforms like Facebook & Twitter as these would, one or the other day become obsolete and e-mails would still continue to be in use.
- Improved Communication: Needless to mention, the interaction between the two parties is important when it comes to business. Both the entrepreneur and the customer must be well informed about everything that concerns any matter of the business. From the entrepreneur’s viewpoint, the needs and the requirements of the customer must be known and from the customer’s viewpoint, the offers and services offered by the business must be known to make a transaction.
- Not everyone is on Social Media: Social media platforms show content only when you have an account and you actually browse through your feed while e-mails get delivered to your device even though you don’t check them quite often. Also, social media channels relatively have a lesser number of accounts which is why e-mails are preferred by businesses to communicate with their customers. So, clearly, e-mails create more chances of a customer actually visiting your website.
- Instant Feedback: The use of e-mails can also be put to use to get feedback about any new product or service introduced by an enterprise. This improves the quality of the services of the business and helps to get quick feedback so that improvements can be made without any delay.
These were some of the reasons as to why businesses must use e-mail marketing strategies to promote and maximize their profits. Any concern that succeeds to implement such ways can excel and enjoy greater profits.
In conclusion, E-mail Marketing proves to be a utilitarian technique to connect with your leads and increase your business’ engagement. It is a terrific way to expand your business and convert potential buyers into loyal customers with minimal cost to the enterprise.
About the Author: Adam Jackson is currently associated with Assignment Prime as an academic writer, and has helped many students by providing them assignment help. He has done his MS in Computer Science. Being a techno-geek, he loves reading technical magazines.