In general, it is just another marketing activity but the experts believe that future of entire marketing industry depends upon content marketing hugely. It seems that the budget for this sort of marketing is not much required but its ever-increasing popularity won’t let it be. The multiple benefits like search engine rankings, social and referral traffic, increased conversion potential make the content marketing plan essential for every business.
Although it is an easy-to-execute marketing strategy, not everyone knows how to do it well. It is the reason that most of such strategies turn out to be ineffective because companies give up on them ultimately. You need to be very consistent for attaining powerful results. Here are some tips leading to a successful content marketing strategy.
- In-Depth Research
A successful content marketing is the one that focuses on promoting a product rather than the company which produces it. It must create a brand’s persona, understand competitors, market, and the intended customers’ needs. An effective strategy is implemented only when you acknowledge pain points clearly and find the best ways to solve them. Making your customers’ needs first priority helps in building a trustworthy and robust relationship as well.
- A Catchy Headline
A headline is something that draws a reader in or pushes him away. On average, it is merely two out of ten readers who opt to read an article after coming across its headline. If you want to increase the rate, make sure to raise readers’ curiosity by creating a useful headline which is search-engine friendly as well. Such collaborations get the wonderful results.
- An Effective Call to Action
It tends to be the most sensitive step in your campaign which convinces the customer to take an immediate action. It entirely depends on the nature of the product if it is an entertaining video, free trial, enrollment for a webinar, or in-person consultation.
The more value your content delivers, the more your customer tends to engage and do business with you. It builds a lifetime value of the brand.
- Different Content Formats
Use different types of content formats that generate targeted leads. Some of them include:
- Tips or Guidelines: Detailed how-to guidelines or tips represent you as an expert in the field. Solve your customers’ problems with such content.
- Lists: Nowadays people are very busy. They prefer reading a comprehensive list of solutions to their problems. So you must help them make the more appropriate decisions by creating a list of all resources.
- Case Studies: it is the best way to create a connection with the customer base. When you include storytelling, the customer associated with the relevant problem confronting him. Be defining such scenario, you demonstrate your brand as a life-changing solution. Remember, the story is about customer while your product is only a part of this whole journey.
- Visual Content:
Unsurprisingly, visual content is more engaging, effective, and memorable than textual content. Creating more value for the brand, it helps an audience to process, understand, and retain information rapidly. Different audience prefers different types of visual content, which includes:
- Slides: Breakdown of complex content into easy and digestible slides helps millions of unique visitors understand a concept effectively.
- Infographics: Comparatively, infographics ensues into 3x times more effective than any other content. Since it is simply based on well-researched facts and figures, it gets a lot of likes and shares on social media too.
- Video: It is the most engaging and interactive kind of content till date. Engage the viewers and push them with high-quality content across all the channels to the point to go viral.
- Guest Blogs:
It is another effective way to build brand awareness that also establishes authority and improves search engine rankings. Some of the core benefits of guest blogging are:
- A combination of guest posts with on-site strategy betters the SEO functionalities, increases traffic, and conversions in a short period of time.
- Attracts clients’ attention who are looking for similar services. Therefore, it leads to build strong relationships and extend the reach.
- Tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
Different businesses have different KPIs. It is necessary to identify your business’s KPIs before kick off a content marketing campaign. Following are the standard key performance indicators which measure the success of any content marketing.
- Measurement of Traffic
- Measurement of Engagement
- Measurement of Conversions
When a campaign gets started, track the traffic. AS the number of visitors boosts up, measure the content engagement rate. It will tell about a set of loyal readers who engage with your content regularly. Next up is measuring the conversion rates and eventually ROI of the campaign.
The ultimate goal of every content marketing is to improve the business, which is only possible with simple efforts with the right strategy behind it.
Tiffany is an entrepreneurial blogger who writes to help business owners increase their profits. Amongst different methods and tools, she chose blogging platforms to share her thoughts. Regardless, she has a contribution in the field of education covering areas like online life experience degree, accelerated reading, blended or hybrid courses and more.