Many marketers are still not using content management systems and tools. It is believed by experts that those who integrate CMS with other marketing platforms and valuable data will have more advantage. A recent survey conducted by Blue Research state that 94%, customers leave brands when they are not satisfied. While engaging customers for a B2B marketer is a major challenge as 60% customers feel indifferent towards marketing.
In order to give great customer experience, marketers should deliver relevant experiences and content across all the devices and platforms. For seamless customer experience, every marketer should use integration of technology between CMS and marketing. It is a tool for delivering brilliant customer experiences.
So let’s have a look at how you can use CMS and marketing automation to boost your business.
Why is Content Management Important?
Well, there are many reasons why content management is so important:
- One of the main reasons is that with the CMS you will have full control of your website.
- You can make changes whenever you like, even without the help of web designer.
- You can develop your site along with your business, means that you can analyze and determine campaigns within budget easily.
- The best thing is; if you are using CMS website for a blogging system then your Google ranking can be enhanced by just using relevant and good content that attracts potential customers.
How to choose CMS?
Choosing right CMS for your business can be really tough. As there are lots of CMS are available on the market. While the right one depends on your individual requirements, below tips will help to choose right CMS:
What’s your Goal? Before deciding particular CMS, it is best to decide what you plan to do:
- Are you looking to create a blog or huge news publishing website?
- Are you trying to create a social network or build a corporate intranet?
- What functionality do you need? CMS provides a wide range of functionality but here some of the basics you will stumble on:
- Forums: It can be custom built into a CMS or implemented via a plugin. If you have requirements of forums, make sure to do some research and find out what method is required to incorporate them.
- Polls: Another great CMS feature. It can be used if you want your users to vote on particular content.
- WYSIWYG Editor: This tool provides you a simple word processor which gives you the ability to easily add text and pictures.
- Check Compatibility:
- Make sure it is compatible with your server, hosting, and other technical configurations, otherwise it will simply not work.
- Perform a thorough check beforehand in order to figure out the limitations.
- Ensure SEO-Friendliness:
- The right CMS comes with built-in SEO tools which also allow users integrate the external ones with the website
- It needs to be updated enough with the latest SEO strategies to get ranked in SERP
- Support :
- Make sure chosen CMS must offer support.
- Ensure that you can get technical support from the vendor
- If it is open source make sure to select an active user community.
Choose a CMS that aligns with your process
Choosing the right CMS that aligns with your process is important for taking control of your website content.
- Leverage Your CMS to Work for You: Leverage your CMS to work for you. As several content contributors involved, it is suggested that all content is evaluated prior to posting to make sure accuracy and consistency in tone.
- Custom CMS versus Off-the-Shelf CMS: Let see comparisons:
- Using an off-the-shelf CMS forces you to depend on the software’s builders to have designed the solution that meets your business requirements.
- With a custom-built CMS, you have more rights over what’s being built — you will have more influence and power over the end-product.
- With a custom-built CMS, you will have to build your own interface for content management on top of the framework while Off-the-shelf CMSs are built on top of web frameworks.
- Making the Big Decision: If you’re confused whether an off-the-shelf or custom CMS or is best for you, ask yourself the below questions:
- What functionality will my website require?
- Are all pages public, or do some need a login?
- Will the website require pulling in or storing information within a database?
- Is speed vital to you?
- Is your website already lagging? Off-the-shelf CMSs like WordPress are a one-size-fits-all package with a lot of unused parts.
- This can have an important effect on the performance of a website. With a custom-built CMS, you are only getting the features you require.
- Is security vital to you?
- Do you have some content that you only wish for particular users to access, content after a log-in screen or Pay Wall? If so, most off-the-shelf CMS’s are much limited in this value.
- Though, a custom CMS can provide you full control over who can access what parts of your site and what they can do there.
Must-Have CMS Features to Enable a Winning 2017 Content Marketing Strategy
Well, choosing an SEO friendly CMS platform is also very important. For effective SEO, there are number factors which include:
- Custom URL Creation
- If the default URL creation of the CMS doesn’t suit your requirements, you should be able to change it.
- use hyphens (–) rather than underscores (_) as word separators, and;
- remove prepositions and conjunctions because these words needlessly add length to URLs.
- Tagging & Categorizing
- A poor categorization structure is one of the biggest questions after poor URLs.
- Features a reliable, hierarchical organized, customizable categorization system for the site content.
- Human Readable URL
- A search engine needs to know that URL is a unique page.
- So, before choosing a CMS, make sure that it has human readable URLs.
- 301 Redirect
- This functionality makes sure your content is properly indexed and your links move from one place to the next.
- Breadcrumb Navigation
- It is an easy way to assist your page navigation and internal linking; thus helping your SEO.
- Page Title
- Let you to personalize and optimize the page title and to set rules to computerize its content with patterns.
- Page Description
- Allow you to personalize and optimize the page description to set rules to computerize its content with patterns.
- Page Keywords
- Though Google doesn’t consider keywords, still it is suggested to use keywords because it is helpful to manage content.
- Heading Tags
- Make sure to include heading tags for each page. So that you can modify and optimize.
- Make sure to create sitemap properly because poorly created sitemap might actually prevent Google from indexing new pages.
- Make sure your SEO-friendly CMS is allowing you to add content to your website’s blog and product category pages.
- Make sure your CMS allows you easily integrate videos effortlessly into your content.
- Content reuse
- Provide a link to the common content instead of having same content at different places
Tips for CMS based website, blogs, and e-commerce websites marketing
Let’s have a look at tips for CMS based website, blogs and e-commerce websites marketing:
- Incorporate personalize message with powerful data from your CMS into a marketing campaign.
- With this information, you can optimize your content to reach your leads at the right place and right time.
- Build Content Consistently
- Software’s CMS not only makes the practice of adding to your blog simple, it also provides you the tools to see what content performs best. So make sure to build content consistently.
- Content Marketing automation
- CMS can act as a content repository. So you can put CMS as a marketing automation content repository.
- Collect data, analyze and re-produce
- A good CMS should be capable of collecting and analyzing either micro-data or macro-data.
CMS offers you with many prospects for marketing your business that other platforms can’t provide. It’s feature-rich and enables you to connect with your user and your content and on social media. It helps in content syndication and lead generation. And above all else, Many CMS can be personalized to suit the marketing requirements of any business, in any industry.
Author Bio: –
Bilal Momin is a co-founder and CEO of i-Verve Inc – a leading cms web development services and solutions provider. He is very enthusiastic and has an immense craving for knowledge. His key strengths which are confidence and decision making are backed by his knowledge and logical problem-solving abilities. His result-driven approach and the attitude of going behind the intent of any action have tremendously helped i-Verve in achieving innumerable milestones and reaching the place where it is now.Other than being a great CEO, he’s also an exceptionally good photographer, a golfer, and tech-blogger. His key interest areas include adventure sports, exploring new places, and discovering newer applications of the up and upcoming technologies.