There has been increasing growth in the transportation industry since the evolution of Uber. People across the world have already started using Uber services for various needs. The fame of Uber hit the ground running when it launched its taxi booking application. Soon after that, many taxi booking app development services were started to provide entrepreneurs who acknowledged that having an application could gather more users.
Building your own Uber clone app by incorporating new features with a tweak of your own markings will always help you to increase your user base as well as the business. The only thing that you must focus on how to make the application more computerized. Also, know that taxi applications can be modified and produced in a savvy way. You must know the workflow of the application completely, only then you can know ways to develop a new one as well as enhance the existing one. Mostly, the taxi booking application can be operated by a user, admin, and passenger and all three has a different interface.
Here, you can glance through all three modules’ functions which may help you to easily find the part that you must concentrate while you develop Uber like app.
- Login: Every required detail can be entered manually, but allowing the user to login with an email Id or other online network services will be even more helpful and easy during this process.
- Booking facilities: This facility allows the user to book a ride immediately or later. Options like “ride now” and “ride later” will allow the user to choose.
- Distance and time calculator: This feature allows the user to calculate the estimated time and travel to reach the destination.
- Payment options: As soon as the ride gets over, the user will get a payment bill (automatically calculated) and he/she can either pay their debts through credit or ready cash.
- Ratings and feedbacks: User can rate the ride good or bad based on the travel experience.
- Ride history: User can check details and other data about their previous rides and can book a similar ride later.
The driver application has a few similarities with those of user’s application like login details, notifications, etc. But also includes the following highlights.
- Profile details: A driver must complete his profile by entering both personal and vehicle information. The profile will be created only after complete verification.
- Alarms: Push notifications through alarm will be generated if the driver receives a ride request, payment, feedback, and etc. Also, the driver has access to acknowledge or drop a ride request based on his accessibility.
- Route: The GPS tracking feature allows the driver to track the customer’s location and vice versa for the customer.
- Reports: A summarized report will allow the driver to break down the details depending on the ride.
You can control and see the activities of the drivers and travelers using the admin dashboard. It stores a database and enables you to screen promoting movement along viewing the entire task of the application. The app also helps to find the best route for both the driver and the passenger to enhance the customer experience.
Apart from these, there are also features like location tracking, integrated maps, payment options, rating system, and other cash calculation details.
Be right on time to provide what your customer expect. Using this dispatcher panel, you can instantly assign, dispatch vehicles, and can track your drivers. This panel has features like,
- Registration: If you allow another person to maintain dispatch, then he/ she must register to start the operations. This registration can be also be done through social media logins like Facebook, Google Plus, etc.
- Profile: You can get details about your dispatchers like address, contact number, photos, etc. from their profiles.
- Manage requests: The dispatcher will manage requests like pick up, payment tracking, and destination addresses raised by the rider.
- Trip tracking: Trip tracking of the rider will be recorded and these details can be used for future reference by the dispatcher.
- Reviews: For each ride, the driver will get feedback from the rider. This feedback will be noted and will be reviewed by the dispatcher. In case if the reviews are not quite good, then corrective actions will be taken against the driver for the betterment of the business.
This dispatch panel is quite similar to the dashboard features, but you can enhance accordingly to provide the best service for your users.
Apart from these, there are also features like location tracking, integrated maps, payment options, rating system, and other cash calculation details. Try to know your competitor’s service and know where you lack. Once you are aware of it, you can think of new ideas to integrate it into your existing service.
Knowing all these features and solutions, you can definitely gather ideas to enhance or integrate a high-end service for your customers. Or you can develop an Uber-like app by reaching an on-demand app development company to create one.
Jennifer Atkinson is a Growth Hacker at AppDupe, a pioneer in app development is a one-stop solution for all your ride-hailing business needs. Also a blogger and a growth hacker who loves to find new business ideas and help startup entrepreneurs with business consultation. She features a specialty in writing about startup ideas, possible business recommendations, etc. She enjoys sharing her ideas and experiences with readers and believes that she can make a better place for the startup community.