Managing your household while raising a family is no easy feat. As a housewife, your normal day is packed with taking care of your husband’s needs, making sure the kids eat breakfast before sending them off to school, running errands, and preparing a hearty meal for your family at the end of the day. With such a busy schedule, is it possible to squeeze in some time to make money?
Thanks to the convenience of living in the digital age, women can now do their duties at home and make legitimate income on the side. The secret: knowing the right niche to tap on to start generating income.
There is no resource as lucrative and convenient for housewives as the giant retail hub that is Amazon.
How to Make Amazon Pay You
Many housewives are hesitant to dabble with money-making opportunities online. Perhaps they are not confident about their computer skills. Maybe they have been warned by family and friends about scams that plague the internet. One of the great things about Amazon is that it is straightforward and easy to use even for beginners. Because it is a leading marketplace, you can rest assured that shady business dealings are not tolerated here.
Now, the question is: how do you get started?
Take a look at these money-making opportunities you can uncover from Amazon today:
- Be a Mechanical Turk Worker
The concept of Amazon’s Mechanical Turk or Mturk is simple: get people to complete Human Intelligence Tasks or HITs to improve the website’s content by providing clear, relevant product descriptions.
You can be a Turk worker by following these easy steps:
- Create an Amazon Account. Fill in the required fields in the Sign Up page. If you already have an account, you can head straight to the page for Mechanical Turk.
- Fill out the Payments Accounts requirements. Companies utilize Payments Accounts in Amazon to send money to Turk workers in a convenient and secure manner.
Aside from its straightforward concept, here are other reasons why you will love Mturk:
- Time Management – unlike traditional and full-time online jobs, Mturk does not require you to commit to a certain number of hours or follow a strict schedule. You can finish your tasks while the baby is sleeping or while enjoying your afternoon tea.·
- Identity Protection – you can cross out phishing scams or identity theft from your worry list because Mturk has the advantage of anonymity. Requesters or the business people who pay you for doing tasks understand the transient nature of That is why you are not required to give out personal information or even maintain regular communication with the requesters.
- Short Approval Period – requesters normally provide instant feedback for completed tasks. This will help boost your profile as a worker so you can qualify for tasks with higher pay.
- Be an Amazon Associate
The Amazon Associates program is another novel concept that is brilliant in its simplicity: earn money when people shop from Amazon through your special Amazon Associates link. Depending on the category the purchased item belongs to, users normally get 8% of the sale.
If you have a blog chronicling your cooking adventures, you can post links to the kitchenware you use so your readers can get them from Amazon. You can also post links to the educational toys you found most helpful and share them with other moms on your Facebook page.
- Be a Handmade Ambassadress
If crafting charm jewelry is your creative outlet, Handmade makes it possible for you to turn your hobby into a business opportunity.
Amazon has extended its service so that users can put up their handmade products for sale with a 12% referral cost. If you like designing your garden tools or have a flair for interior decorating, you can showcase your products through the Handmade section of Amazon.
Handmade covers a wide range of categories from artwork to home décor and stationery and party materials.
If you think juggling your family duties and personal time is a difficult task, think again. There are different income opportunities Amazon offers that housewives can take advantage of without having to compromise their time. If you’re particularly good at keeping track of emails, optimizing page content and knowledgeable about social media then why not work as a virtual assistant. There are a lot of good e-commerce companies out there who can provide you that opportunity.
Catherine vanVonno, the author, is the President and Executive Director of 20Four7VA, a global Virtual Assistant (VA) Service Provider. She holds a doctorate degree in Applied Statistics, Research Design and Program Evaluation from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and has over 10 years experience in facilitating evidence-based strategic planning, product development, brand management, legislative communications, and medical policy. She is married and has four children. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.