Before we venture into the realm of E-Commerce platform, you must understand the changes that are occurring in the field of E-commerce. In the past 2-3 years, many things have changed in the realm of E-commerce. Beyond mobile devices and social media platforms, there are some of the newer technologies which can be leveraged in the application of E-commerce.
Some of those technologies are,
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Wallets
With the introduction of these technologies, the approach of E-commerce website changed. This brings us to the main section of our post, which platforms you should use for your e-commerce business? To answer this question let’s discuss some of the best E-commerce platforms which are trending in the market.
MOST NEWSLETTERS SUCK, OURS DOESN’T
Join us for the latest in Digital Media Marketing
So, without any further ado, let’s get you started.
It is a Canadian-based company which provides e-commerce platform to businesses all across the globe. Their focus is majorly on social commerce and mobile shopping. Shopify was founded back in year 2004. When we talk about dynamic nature of e-commerce platform, the trends are ever changing and Shopify always helped the e-commerce businesses to cope up with the trends by providing solutions that are relevant. Their groundbreaking innovation in providing an apt e-commerce platform made them one of the best e-commerce platforms. Have a look at some of the pros of using Shopify as your e-commerce platform.
- Shopify allows your audience to recover their abandon carts with its unique abandon cart recovery.
- There are ample amount of themes, plugins, and extensions.
- Shopify helps you integrate your Facebook account with your Shopify account just in an additional amount of $9 and transform it into an e-commerce store.
- The online stores are mobile friendly.
- The technical support of Shopify is best in the business. They provide 24/7 online support through live chat.
- Online Shopify forum serves as a natural support if you stuck anywhere in the development of your e-commerce store.
Magento is an open source e-commerce platform which helps you develop a robust e-commerce website. It is popular because it gives reliability and trust in the development of your e-commerce website. There are many brands which used Magento to build their online store. Some of the brands are Pepe Jeans, Burger King, Liverpool FC and more. Popular brands love it because they tend to have a high volume of traffic and Magento happen to serve your web-based business well even in the high volume of traffic.
Let’s discuss some of the pros of using Magento as your preferred e-commerce platform,
- Unlimited customization options as the platforms are open source.
- The manageability of the platform is seamless along with the usability as well.
- There are over 9,000 extensions and plugins which leaves ample amount of space for scalability.
- Social media extensions are free of cost.
YoKart is specially designed for startups and Small & Medium Businesses. You can think of YoKart as a turnkey which transform your website into powerful multi-vendor stores like Etsy. The best part of YoKart is that they are specialized in multi-vendor version. The websites are multilingual and with multi-currency features. Let’s have a look at the pros of the platform,
- They serve you with readymade multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace.
- The owner will get the source code of the website in spite of the framework. The license for the source code is with lifetime validity.
- It is a mobile-friendly platform.
- When you purchase the source code, you’ll get 12 months of free technical support.
Woocommerce is the part of one of the most powerful Content management Software of all time WordPress. Although it does not require any introduction as many businesses are voraciously using it. They have one of the most powerful payment gateway and shopping cart. Let’s see some of its pros,
- The admin panel of Woocommerce is super easy to manage.
- You can add unlimited product categories.
- The payment gateway is highly secure.
- Ample amount of plugins and extensions to give maximum features.
Before You Design, Before You Build, Before You Spend… Design Sprint
With over 55,000 online stores, BigCommerce is emerging as a successful e-commerce platform. Many elite organizations such as Martha Stewart & Toyota are using BigCommerce’s e-commerce platform for their business. Let’s have a look at their pros,
- In-built features are very enticing such as coupons, newsletter, and analytics.
- There is no transaction fee.
- The themes are highly responsive and consistent.
- The installation and the setup are quite easy.
So, what do you think about this list? Mention your thoughts in the comments section and I will get back to you.
Tarun Puri is a young, energetic and quality oriented Digital Marketing professional & Editor at Seasia InfoTech is known for his immense knowledge of marketing strategies. He often writes about mobile development, technology, entrepreneurship, startups and business-related topics.